Spinach and artichoke dip is a popular appetizer or party dip that typically consists of spinach, artichokes, and various creamy ingredients. It’s known for its rich and savory flavor.
Spinach and artichoke dip is a staple for Super Bowl parties or watching the World Series. Really it’s a perfect snack food for any gathering. This dip is a crowd-pleaser and is often served at parties, gatherings, or as an appetizer for special occasions.
Spinach and artichoke dip has a rich and savory taste with a creamy, cheesy, and slightly tangy flavor profile. Here’s a breakdown of the key taste elements:
- Creamy: The base of the dip is typically made with a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream or cream cheese, resulting in a creamy texture that coats your taste buds.
- Cheesy: The addition of Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses gives the dip a cheesy and slightly salty flavor. The cheese also contributes to a gooey, melty texture.
- Spinach: The spinach provides a mild earthy flavor and contributes a green color to the dip. It’s usually not the dominant taste but adds a pleasant vegetal note.
- Artichokes: Chopped artichoke hearts bring a slightly tangy and nutty taste to the dip, which complements the creamy and cheesy elements.
- Garlic: The minced garlic adds a subtle but distinct garlic flavor that enhances the overall savory profile of the dip.
The combination of these ingredients results in a well-balanced, flavorful dip that is both comforting and indulgent. Spinach and artichoke dip is often served warm, allowing the cheeses to melt and the flavors to meld together. It’s typically served with various dippers like tortilla chips, bread, pita chips, or vegetable sticks, making it a popular appetizer for parties and gatherings.
You can also customize the recipe by adding ingredients like chopped jalapeños for a little kick or extra herbs and spices for added flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and minced garlic. Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8-inch oven-safe dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
5. Change the oven setting to broil and leave dip in the oven another 3 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly.
6. Serve the spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, bread, pita chips, or vegetable sticks for dipping.